Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are #NewLoungePH eyelash extensions?
NÉW Lounge specializes in volume lash extensions which are anti-bacterial and 100% safe to the eyes.
Why anti-bacterial eyelash extensions?
- It has a component that prevents the growth of bacteria.
- It is light, soft and has a natural fit.
- Thinly shaped towards the tip and has a volume up effect.
NÉW Lounge lashes are SABLE LASHES
- Closest attributes to natural hair
- Usually thinner and softer than silk
- Has natural gloss or shine
- Has natural fluffy look
- Thinnest and softest among all eyelash hair types
- Most premium among all eyelash hair types
- For CLASSIC, rated at 0.10mm to 0.15mm
- For VOLUME, rated at 0.03 mm to 0.07mm
- Recommended for those with thin lashes
- Applicable for Asian women with thin or straight natural eyelash strands
2. What happens during the procedure?
THE NÉW LOUNGE EYELASH APPLICATION PROCESS
- 10-15 minutes consultation with our lash technician assessment and recommendation on what size and type of lash extensions best fits your eyes
- Eyelash Menu is presented for selection.
- Our specialists will help you choose the design, the number of lashes, type of curl, thickness, and length that would best fit your style and preferences.
- Our specialists will prepare your eyes for application. A clean towel will be placed on your forehead and hypoallergenic tapes will be placed on your lids to ensure that your eyes will be closed the entire application process.
- Our eyelash application process typically takes 1 ½ to 2 hours, depending on the number of original lashes that you have.
- Treatment does not hurt at all, so feel free to enjoy a nap!
- Once done, our technician will give you an eyelash brush for your lash extensions, and shall brief you with after care tips and maintenance.
- We recommend that you come back between 2-4 weeks for a touch up to keep your lashes looking full.
3. What to do before the procedure?
- Come in the salon with clear eye area (no eye make up on and free from mascara)
- Make sure to secure a doctor's certificate or written permission in case you have any existing medical contraindications like (skin asthma, eczema, allergies, lasik surgery, dry eyes syndrome, has gone recent operation) you may check in the consultation sheet.
- No Contact lens during lash application
4. What to do after the procedure?
- Use eyelash treatment products every now and then (eyelash growers and coating essences)
- Brush your lashes regularly
- Avoid oil-based make up
- Use oil-free make up removers in cleaning your makeup or after you’ve finished your skincare regimen
- Use a clean mascara brush to separate your lashes after a shower
- Avoid rubbing your eyes
- Avoid sleeping with your face against the pillow
- Avoid pulling on your lashes
- Avoid using a lash curler
- Avoid using a mascara
- Avoid steam and sweat
- It’s recommended to come back between 2-4 weeks for touch up
- It’s highly recommended to replace your eyelash extensions with a new set after 2 months.
5. Horror stories & myths in eyelash extensions
"YOUR REAL LASHES WILL FALL OUT."
- Just like the hair on our heads, our natural lashes also have a life cycle of its own. Our natural lash shedding cycle ranges anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks, depending on our care and hygiene.
- Although there are hundreds of eyelash salons in the country, only a handful adopts first-rate personnel training and uses products which do not harm our natural lashes.
- With New Lounge, we guarantee that our products do not stimulate your natural lashes to fall out.
- It very essential that you turn to tried and tested industry experts that have mastered and studied the best techniques and practices for a safe eyelash application.
"THE PROCESS OF HAVING LASH EXTENSIONS IS PAINFUL."
- NÉW Lounge vouches that our eyelash application process is 100% pain free.
- We always suggest that our guests provide our lash technicians a thorough background on possible health conditions and allergies so that an informed decision will be made on which products could be safely used. This is very essential to prevent any negative skin reactions during and after the lash application.
"YOUR EYELASHES WILL NEVER GROW BACK."
- Not true at all. As mentioned earlier, our natural lash shedding cycle ranges anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks. They will always grow back every 6 weeks.
"YOU MUST TAKE BREAKS."
- This is not necessary as long as proper care and maintenance is practiced when having eyelash extensions.
- NÉW Lounge offers eyelash treatment products such as eyelash growers and coating essences to help maintain and care for the natural lashes.
- Make sure to have eyelash treatments once in awhile and to follow our tips on the proper care and maintenance of our lash extensions.
"THEY ARE HEAVY."
- To some extent, they still are, especially for eyelash salons that offer low quality lash extensions.
- NÉW Lounge elevated the Philippines’ beauty standards by making sure only the latest, premium products and services are offered. Our anti bacterial sable lashes are 100% as light as your natural lashes.
6. Can I get eyelash extensions while I'm pregnant?
Yes! While we allow women in their last trimester to get their eyelash extensions, please remember that lying still for 1-2 hours might be uncomfortable. During the procedure, please inform your eyelash specialist if you need to adjust to your best position on the lounge chair.
7. What are other possible factors behind lash fall off?
- Oil-based skin-care and make-up products
- Oily skin and lids
- Exposure to harmful chemicals from skin and hair care products.
- Sleeping position (please do not sleep with your face against a pillow, bed or any surface which may affect your eye area)
Our glue is 100% safe, it does not damage your original lashes and the best part is that it even helps your natural lashes to grow.
8. How long does it last?
Your lashes would normally last for 4-6 weeks if given the proper care and maintenance. However, we recommend guests to have a regular touch up every 2-3 weeks in order to have them look on point. A new set of lashes is advisable every 3 months to avoid the growth of bacteria from the roots of your lash line.